Thursday, October 12, 2017

POPulation and POP Quizzes



First in human geography today, we had a pop quiz and some people were not happy about it. It was fine with me because the questions were easy. For example, longitude or meridians are in between the poles. Parallels or latitude are parallel to the equator. Another question was true or false there are 36 time zones. I said false because I knew there were not that many. In fact, there are 26 time zones. Another question was where the prime meridian is with longitude and I said 0 degrees. Same question for the equator, it is at 0 degrees latitude. Next in class, Mr. Schick showed us this interesting website cia.gov and you search factbook. There is so much information on every country in the world. We got a map and we looked in this online factbook to see what the top 25 most populated countries in the world are and we labeled them on the map. I did not know that the 4th populated country in the world was a group of islands… Indonesia! Also, I learned that 87% of the people in Indonesia are Muslim. The class concluded that in our lifetime the world will be more Muslim than Christian. Mr. Schick also said that India is rapidly increasing in population and will have more people than China soon! I also learned that China doesn’t have a high birth rate because there are laws on how many children a family can have. And Aiden showed us this awesome website geoguessr where you are like on globe maps and you can see anywhere you are in the world and look for clues to guess where you are in the whole world. I came home and that is the first thing I did. Now it’s 7 o clock and I can’t get off because it is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Renaissance powerpoint Notes

1300-1600 "rebirth" cities were the center of action  Milan and florence had wealthy merchants and bankers artists in these c...